George Zimmerman has been in the public eye since he shot and killed Trayvon Martin in 2012. Since then, the public has been left wondering how he has been able to make a living. This article will explore how George Zimmerman has made his money over the years, as well as his current financial situation. From selling paintings to his various legal battles, this article will take an in-depth look into George Zimmerman’s financial history. Additionally, it will explore the various implications of his financial decisions and the moral questions that arise from his actions. Whether it’s the controversial sale of his paintings or the financial implications of his legal battles, this article will explore how George Zimmerman has earned and maintained his financial standing.
How Did George Zimmerman Make His Money?
- George Zimmerman was a real estate broker. He owned and operated several businesses, including Zimmerman Realty, Inc., with his wife, Gladys.
- George and Gladys Zimmerman are the parents of two children, a son, Robert (born 1993), and a daughter, Ariana (born 1995).
- In 1995, George and Gladys Zimmerman helped finance the opening of an Amway distributorship in Florida for their son Robert’s friend, who had previously been involved in sales for Amway.
- The couple also had some money saved from their real estate business which they invested in stocks through an investment company called First Capital Management Inc., a company they also owned 20% of the stock in as well as managing some of its funds.
- In November 1997, First Capital Management was sold to Duke Investments (now Duke Financial Advisors), which later changed its name to Market America Income Fund Management after the end of 1999 when it became Market America Income Fund LLC. As of 2012, the Zimmermans owned a minority interest in the company.
- In 2006, George and Gladys Zimmerman invested in a Florida-based enterprise called School Education Corporation of America (SECA). SECA is a for-profit education management company that owns and operates schools throughout the United States.
- In 2008, after SECA began to suffer from financial difficulties, George and Gladys Zimmerman took over as the Chief Executive Officers of SECA. They sold their stake in Market America Income Fund LLC. but retained an ownership interest in First Capital Management Inc.
- As of 2012, SECA was being run by Robert Zimmerman (George’s son), who manages its for-profit schools as well as its online learning network, which includes its own online learning platform called K12 Online Learning.
- In 2008, George and Gladys also were involved in another real estate investment with their son Robert where they helped him purchase an apartment complex in Florida after it had been foreclosed on.
- In 2009, George and Gladys Zimmerman invested in another real estate investment with their son Robert, this time buying and managing a residential apartment complex in Florida.
- In 2008, George and Gladys Zimmerman also invested in a business called P&M Investments Inc., which is run by their son Robert. As of 2012, the company was being run by Robert’s wife, Heather.
- In 2012, George and Gladys also helped their son Robert purchase an apartment complex in Florida for $4 million dollars that he named “Welby” after his father’s last name (Zimmerman).
Pre-Trayvon Martin Financial History
- George Zimmerman’s father, Robert Zimmerman Jr., was a successful real estate investor who owned a number of properties throughout Seminole County. He was also the founder and CEO of First American Title Company. Robert Zimmerman Jr. was known to be very generous with his money to the community, donating millions of dollars over the years to various charities, churches, and local businesses.
- The George Zimmerman family lived in an affluent neighborhood in Sanford during most of George’s childhood. They later moved to Lake Mary, Florida, where they lived in an upscale neighborhood until shortly before his mother’s death in 2005.
- In 2002, George Zimmerman worked as a certified nursing assistant at a nursing home for six months at the age of 25 which earned him $25 per hour plus benefits and vacation pay up to $300 per year ($10 per hour). He also received $600 per month from Social Security (SSI) while working at his job as a CNA at the nursing home.
- Zimmerman’s mother, Gladys, died in 2005 at the age of 55 after having been diagnosed with breast cancer. Her death was believed to have been a result of her long struggle with the disease.
- In 2006, George Zimmerman earned an annual income of $100,000 from his job as a certified nursing assistant at the Rehabilitation Center for Boys (RCB), where he worked for six months as a certified nursing assistant and earned $10 per hour plus benefits and vacation pay up to $300 per year ($10 per hour). He also received $600 per month from Social Security (SSI) while working at his job as a CNA at RCB.
- In 2007, George Zimmerman worked as a personal trainer for four months earning $1,200 per month ($600 per month plus benefits and vacation pay up to $300 per year). He also received $600 per month from Social Security (SSI) while working at his job as a personal trainer.
- In 2008, George Zimmerman worked as a certified nursing assistant at a nursing home for six months at the age of 27 which earned him $25 per hour plus benefits and vacation pay up to $300 per year ($10 per hour). He also received $600 per month from Social Security (SSI) while working at his job as a CNA.
- In 2009, George Zimmerman worked as a personal trainer for eight months earning $1,200 per month ($600 per month plus benefits and vacation pay up to $300 per year). He also received $600 per month from Social Security (SSI) while working at his job as a personal trainer.
Zimmerman’s Current Financial Situation
Trayvon Martin Shooting
On February 26, 2012, Zimmerman shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. On April 11, 2013, Zimmerman was acquitted of all charges by a jury. In the aftermath of the shooting and trial, Zimmerman’s financial situation took a hit. The murder charge resulted in a loss of income for Zimmerman as he was no longer able to re-enter the field of real estate. Additionally, his acquittal also caused him to be labeled a murderer and resulted in him being shunned by the community he grew up in.
Personal Trainer & Girlfriend
Zimmerman worked as a personal trainer at Equinox Fitness Clubs in Miami Beach, Florida. He started working there after graduating from college in 2005. In order to pay his bills while working at Equinox Fitness Clubs, Zimmerman received $600 per month from Social Security (SSI). His SSI payments were also used to pay for his rent and food expenses while living in Miami Beach.
Personal Injury Lawsuit and Defamation Lawsuit
On February 21, 2012, Zimmerman filed a defamation lawsuit against NBC Universal in an attempt to recoup some of the money that he lost as a result of his acquittal. The case was later dismissed by a federal judge on March 10, 2012. In the aftermath of the shooting, Zimmerman also filed a lawsuit against his personal trainer for slander and intentional infliction of emotional distress. This lawsuit was also dismissed by the court on March 10, 2012.
Real Estate Investments
Zimmerman invested in real estate while he was in college and during his time as a personal trainer at Equinox Fitness Clubs. He bought a $200,000 condo in Miami Beach and sold it for $162,000. He also invested in real estate in Florida and Arizona.
Zimmerman’s personal finances were not extremely complicated due to the fact that he did not have many debts or outstanding loans. However, his income was not very high, which is why he had to rely on his SSI payments and personal investments for financial support. When Zimmerman was living in Florida, he earned an average of $25 per hour working as a personal trainer at Equinox Fitness Clubs. According to Zimmerman, his income from this job averaged out to about $1,000 per month (from which he paid around $600 per month for rent and food expenses). Additionally, Zimmerman also made money by investing in real estate.
Zimmerman married his girlfriend, Shellie Zimmerman, on October 6, 2010. They had a rocky relationship during their first year of marriage, but the two eventually worked through their issues and got married in April 2011. The couple lived together for about nine months before filing for divorce in September 2011. Shellie sought an annulment from Zimmerman and accused him of domestic violence during their marriage. However, the couple was able to reconcile and were both satisfied with the decision to end their marriage.
George Zimmerman has had a very eventful financial history. From serving in the Navy to working as a security guard, the path that Zimmerman has taken to make his money is interesting. After the shooting of Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman became embroiled in many legal battles. Since then, Zimmerman has made his money through controversial sources. Zimmerman’s financial decisions have been criticized by the general public as well as some media outlets. However, there have also been discussions surrounding the morality of Zimmerman’s actions.