Amazon Prime Video doesn’t have a monopoly on premium streaming content. In fact, there are several other services that offer similar benefits, like additional streaming content and exclusive shows for an additional monthly subscription fee. One of these services is Paramount Plus, which is included as part of your Amazon Prime membership if you live in one of the eligible zip codes. If you want to add Paramount Plus to your Amazon Prime account, keep reading for more details on this program and how you can sign up for it today. It’s easy to get started with a free trial membership; however, you will eventually need to pay a small monthly fee after your free trial ends. You may also need to upgrade your standard Amazon Prime subscription so that you can access the Paramount Plus content. Here’s everything you need to know about adding Paramount Plus to Amazon Prime.
How To Add Paramount Plus To Amazon Prime?
Install Amazon’s Video App
If you want to see if your TV has the right apps built in, try searching for Amazon Video on the apps menu of your TV’s home screen. If you’re lucky, your TV might have an Amazon Video app that you can use to watch Prime Video and the other benefits of an Amazon Prime account. If it does, great! If not, read on. If you want to use your phone or computer to access Amazon Prime’s video library, you’ll first need to install the Amazon Prime Video app on the device you want to watch from. You can download the app on Android, iOS, and computers running either macOS or Windows. Once it’s installed, log in with your Amazon account information or create a new account through the app. Once you’re logged in, you can start watching videos from Amazon Prime Video’s library. You’ll have to sit through a couple of bumpers before you start seeing the same video selection you would on your computer’s web browser, but it’s definitely worth a couple of extra seconds of patience.
Use Your Fire TV
To take advantage of the full Prime Video experience on older Fire TV devices, you’ll first need to install the free Amazon Prime Video app. If you’ve logged into your Amazon account from the device before, you should see the app’s icon appear in the device’s home menu. If you see a Prime Video app icon, select it to open the app. If you don’t see the app icon, go to the device’s Amazon app and log into your account there. Once you’re logged in, select Apps and Games. From there, select Amazon Prime Video. Select Install and follow the on-screen instructions. Once the app is installed, you can select the icon to open Prime Video and start watching TV shows and movies. Unfortunately, you can’t use Alexa voice commands with the app, so you’ll have to use the Fire TV remote instead.
Add it Through Sling TV
If you’re a Sling TV subscriber, you can get free access to Amazon Prime Video. Sling TV offers a special “Amazon Prime Exclusives” channel that features some of the same content available on Amazon Video and Prime Video. Unfortunately, the selection is limited; it’s mostly older TV shows from the ’90s and ’00s. Still, it’s free content, and it’s certainly better than nothing. If you want to take advantage of this deal, you’ll first have to subscribe to both Sling TV and Amazon Prime. Then, log into your Amazon account through Sling TV’s website or app. You’ll have to select the “Manage Video Subscriptions” option under the “Settings” tab on the Sling TV website or the “Account” tab on the Sling TV app. From there, select Amazon Prime Video to sign into your account and link the accounts together. Now, you should be able to access Prime Video on your Sling TV app, on your computer’s web browser, and on your smart TV. Unfortunately, this deal doesn’t extend to other streaming services, like Amazon Music, Sling TV’s premium channels, or Sling’s own original programming, so you’ll have to pay extra for those.
Watch with an Extension
If you want to watch something from Amazon’s library, but you don’t want to log in to your Amazon account on a computer, you can still watch it from the comfort of your couch. You can do this by installing an Amazon Prime Video extension for your web browser. If you’re using Google Chrome, you can download the Amazon Prime Video extension on the Chrome Web Store. Once it’s installed, you can start watching videos by browsing Amazon’s website and selecting the “Amazon Prime Video” option from the drop-down menu on the upper right side of the screen. You can also search for a specific show or movie by typing its name into the “Amazon Prime Video” search bar. If you’re using Microsoft Edge, you can install the Amazon Prime Video extension on the Microsoft Store. The app is also available for Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Amazon’s own Fire browser. Once the extension is installed, you can start watching videos from Amazon’s website by selecting the “Amazon Prime Video” option from the upper-right drop-down menu. You can also search for specific movies or TV shows by entering their titles into the search bar at the top of any page on Amazon’s website.
Join Through Vue
If you want to combine your Amazon Prime account with your subscription to a live TV service, you’ll want to go with Vue. With Vue, you get all the benefits of a Prime subscription, including free access to Prime Video. Vue is available on a wide variety of devices, including Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Android TV, Xbox One, and Chromecast. You can also use Vue’s mobile apps to watch content on the go. Vue’s only major drawback is that it’s pretty expensive. It starts at $40 per month for the “Essentials” package, but you’ll get a lot more for your money if you opt for the “Core” package for $50 per month or the “Elite” package for $60 per month.
What’s Included With Your Paramount Plus Subscription?
- The specific content that’s included in your Paramount Plus subscription will vary depending on the plan that you select. As part of your subscription, you can expect to have access to a wide variety of movies, TV shows, and other content. Paramount Plus features a wide range of movies, including new releases and a variety of classic titles.
- You’ll also be able to access a large selection of TV shows, ranging from children’s programming to sports and reality shows.
- Other content includes documentaries, award-winning films, and more. There is also a selection of kids’ shows and movies that includes characters like SpongeBob Squarepants, Dora the Explorer, and Angry Birds. Paramount Plus also offers additional security features, like parental controls, that are not available in a standard Amazon Prime account.
Pros Of Adding Paramount To Amazon Prime
- The biggest pro of adding Paramount-related content to the Prime streaming service is that it would allow Prime subscribers to have even more content to enjoy. Essentially, the more things there are to do with Prime, the more likely customers will be to keep their subscription and renew it on a regular basis.
- While Prime Video is certainly a great service, it has long been criticized for not having enough content. Adding Paramount’s titles to the streaming service would certainly help to address this concern.
Cons Of Adding Paramount To Amazon Prime
- The biggest con of adding Paramount’s content to Amazon Prime is that Prime subscribers may not be willing to pay an additional $10.99 per month to access the new service. As of right now, Amazon has not announced a specific price but we can assume that they will try to price it as low as possible to attract new customers.
- However, this could cause some problems for current Prime users who are used to paying $99 per year for their subscriptions. Essentially, adding Paramount to Prime could cause a bit of resentment among the current user base who would be forced to pay more for what they currently have.
If you’re an Amazon Prime member who lives in an eligible ZIP code, you automatically receive access to the additional content in Paramount Plus. This added content is available for an additional monthly fee, making it an ideal choice for households with younger children. There is a wide range of content available, including TV shows and movies new and old, sports, and award-winning films. Paramount Plus also offers added security features that are not available in a standard Amazon Prime account. Overall, adding Paramount Plus to your Amazon Prime account is a great way to expand your streaming content library and get more from your subscription.