There’s nothing more frustrating than sending a friend or loved one a message and thinking you’ve gotten it across correctly – only to find out later that they didn’t receive it. Even worse, sometimes you might send a message to someone and then realize too late that you shouldn’t have, because it might have been hurtful or just an ill-advised joke. There are all sorts of reasons why your messages may not be getting through. But in the case of Instagram, there’s an easy way to check and see if your recipient has seen your message yet. If they haven’t, you can also un-send it so they won’t see it at all. Here is how to See Unsend Messages on Instagram and get your posts back:
How To See Unsend Messages On Instagram
- Turn off notifications for Instagram.
- Log into your Instagram account.
- Go to the Messages tab on the left side of your screen, and then select the “See Unread” option in the top right-hand corner of your screen. It will take you to a page where you can see all of your messages, which are organized by sender and date received. You can also go back to this page at any time if you want to check on a message or two that have been sent but not yet received.
- Select an unread message from one of your friends or a sender that you want to re-send again, and then click the “Unsend” button in the top right-hand corner of your screen, just as you would if you were sending another message from this person (see step 5 below). You will then be taken back to the Messages tab where all of your unread messages are listed for future reference (and so that you can send them again without being interrupted).
- You may also want to look at your messages from the last couple of days. To do that, click on the “All” tab in the top right-hand corner, and then scroll down to find the unread messages that you want to re-send (see step 6 below).
- If you want to delete all of your unread messages, just click on the “All” tab again and then click on “Remove All” at the bottom of your screen which will take you to a confirmation page where you can confirm that you want to delete all of your unread messages (see step 7 below).
- When you are ready, go back to the Messages tab on Instagram and click on “See Unread” again in order to see all of your previously sent messages and photos once more. This should give you a good idea if any of them need to be re-sent or deleted from your inbox before they get lost forever – there won’t be any need for these steps if this is not the case. You can also go back through previous posts at any time if you are looking for something specific among them.
- If it turns out that there were no problems with your message being received but just not acknowledged, it may be a good idea to send it again so they don’t forget about it or become annoyed by it later on. Also, consider the fact that many people check their messages from time to time, and the same applies if you send a message to someone else.
- Now that you understand how to send messages on Instagram, you can also learn how to delete them or archive them for safekeeping.
Check To See If A Recipient Has Seen Your Message Yet
- Open your Instagram app on your phone.
- Tap the Messages tab. If you’re logged in to Instagram, tap ‘Messages’ under the ‘More’ section.
- Tap the message you want to open up and then tap the ‘Unsend’ button that appears at the top right of the screen. It looks like a red X with a circle around it.
- Tap ‘Confirm Unsend’ and then tap OK on your phone to confirm that you want to un-send this message so that it doesn’t show up in your recipient’s inbox or feed anymore. You can also choose not to un-send it by tapping ‘Cancel Unsend’ instead and then tapping OK on your phone again, which will cancel this action/un-send message only if you have already sent it out or if you haven’t received any response yet from your recipient(s).
- You can also choose to ‘Delete’ message if you want to get rid of it permanently.
When You Can’t Unsend A Message On Instagram
- Go to the Instagram app on your phone and tap on the three dots next to the message you want to un-send.
- Select “See Unseen Messages” from the dropdown menu.
- Select “Unfollow” from the list of options that appear when you tap on “See Unseen Messages” in step 1 above.
- Tap “Unfollow” again when prompted to confirm.
How To See Who Has Direct Messaged You On Instagram
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Tap the screen to open a message and select “Reply”.
- Tap “See Unread” and then tap “Show” next to the person who has sent you a message.
- You will see a notification appear on your phone that says: “You have seen this message from [name]” or something similar and you can then click on it to view their message if you wish to do so (if you’ve already read their message, you can just close the notification instead).
- You will also see a notification appear on your phone that says: “You have seen this message from [name]” or something similar and you can then click on it to view their message if you wish to do so (if you’ve already read their message, you can just close the notification instead). And now that your recipient has seen your post, they won’t be able to delete it as well!
It can be heartbreaking, especially for teens, when you send someone a message on Instagram and then realize that they never received it. This can be due to poor internet connection, or the person not seeing the message in their feed. Whatever the case may be, you can still un-send messages on Instagram, provided the recipient has not seen them yet. You can also check to see if a message has been read yet, and use an app like Metapho to delete messages that have been sent by mistake.