If you’re like us, then you probably love your Roku streaming device (or devices). You can use it to access your favorite TV shows and movies on demand, right from the comfort of your own home. But have you ever found yourself in a situation where you just don’t feel like watching anything? Maybe you’re feeling more ascetic, or maybe you don’t want to leave your house because of inclement weather. Whatever the case may be, there may come a time when being able to turn down the volume on your Roku TV is a godsend. Thankfully, it’s not all that difficult to do. If you’ve got an older version of this device or are using it as part of another secondary system in your home (e.g., if it’s not installed in its own designated space), reading this article could end up being crucial for helping you get things set up exactly how you want them.
How To Turn Down Your Roku Tv Without A Remote
Using Your Voice to Turn Down the Volume on Roku
If you’ve got a newer Roku device (Roku Express, Roku Express+, Roku Express, Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Ultra, or Roku Ultra) or one of the Roku-enabled smart TVs from Samsung, Sony, or TCL, then you’ve got voice controls at your disposal. Now, before we go any further, we should probably explain that there are actually two separate voice controls that you can use to control your Roku device. One is for volume and the other is for general functionality. You can use either of these commands to change the volume on your Roku device. – “Turn down the volume” – “Turn the volume down”
Using a Universal Remote to Turn Down the Volume on Roku
If you’re someone who uses a universal remote to control their TV and Roku devices, then you’re in luck. Most of the major brands, including Logitech, Sony, and Philips, have a way to change the volume on your Roku device with the same remote. Now, this isn’t going to work with every remote, but if yours does have this functionality, you’ll be able to change the volume on your Roku device with ease.
Using an App to Turn Down the Volume on Roku
If you’re a big fan of using apps, you’ll be pleased to know that you can change the volume on your Roku device using a mobile app. This is the easiest way to turn the volume down on your Roku device, especially if you’re watching content on a TV that doesn’t have any sort of physical volume control.
How To Turn Down The Volume On Your Roku Tv
- Press the volume up or down button on your remote control.
- If you have a Roku remote that has a microphone, press and hold the microphone button.
- You may also try using the volume buttons on your TV or home theater system remote.
- You can also change the settings in Roku to automatically turn down the volume when watching streaming content.
- If none of these options work, contact Roku Support for more help with this issue.
Why You Can’t Change The Volume On Your Roku Remote
- If you have a Roku remote that has a microphone, the microphone may be turned off.
- You may be too far away from your Roku device to change the volume.
- The volume on your TV or home theater system could be too loud for your Roku remote to hear you.
- Your TV or home theater system could be in sleep mode and ignore your commands to change the volume.
- You may need to reset your remote control by removing and reinserting the batteries, or unplugging it from power for a few minutes and then plugging it back in again and turning it back on using the power button on the side of the remote control itself.
Best Roku Tv Features:
- Roku tv has a good quality picture.
- The picture quality of the Roku tv is very good. In a dark room, the quality of the Roku tv is good. The picture quality of the Roku tv in a bright room is great.
- The sound quality of the Roku tv is also very good.
- The sound quality of the Roku tv is also very good in a dark room, and it’s pretty good in a bright room as well.
- The streaming speed of Roku tv is excellent and it doesn’t suffer much at all when streaming HD video content to your TV screen from your favorite apps like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, etc.
- The remote control works really well and it makes it really easy to use your TV with just one remote instead of having to use multiple remotes for multiple devices like your cable box, DVD player, gaming console, etc.
- You can easily connect your phone or tablet to your TV using the app on either device that you can download for free from their website and you can then use your phone or tablet as a remote control for playing movies on Netflix or other videos on Hulu Plus etc.
We’ve covered a lot of ground in this article, but that’s because there are a lot of ways to turn down the volume on your Roku device. The good news is that you can change the volume on your TV from pretty much anywhere. Whether you’re using your phone, a remote, or the actual volume control on the TV itself, there’s no shortage of ways for you to change the volume on your Roku device.