Think your forehead is just a little too big? Or do you think your forehead is too big in general? Either way, you are not alone if you feel this way about your forehead. A large or prominent forehead can be a source of insecurity for many people, especially those who have other features that they feel are less desirable. But don’t fret; there are things that you can do to help reduce the appearance of your overly large forehead and make yourself feel more confident again. Let’s take a look at some potential reasons why your forehead is so prominent and what you can do about it.
Is My Forehead Too Big?
I don’t know if my forehead is too big. I am told it is too big. I am told that it takes up too much space from the front of my head. It does seem to be a lot of foreheads for one person to have. It’s not like I can do anything about it, though. My forehead is a part of me and it’s not like I can change my face or my skin color or anything else about myself. So, I guess I’ll just keep on being me with my big forehead, as well as everything else that makes me who I am.
What Causes A Prominent Forehead?
- A prominent forehead can be caused by a lack of collagen in the skin. Collagen is a protein that is responsible for keeping the skin tight. This can be caused by the aging process, sun damage, and dehydration.
- It can also be inherited from your parents if they had a prominent forehead as well.
- Lastly, it could just be your body type. If you’re naturally thin and have a medium to the high hairline, you might have an extra space between your eyebrows and hairline that isn’t filled in with any extra fat or tissue, causing it to look more prominent than it would on someone who is overweight or has a lower hairline.
- A prominent forehead isn’t necessarily something to worry about unless it’s due to one of these causes; then you should see a dermatologist since it might not just be excess skin but could also mean something more serious like an overactive thyroid or even cancerous tumors!
- If your forehead is naturally prominent, you can reduce its size by filling it in with extra fat or tissue. You can also get botox to relax the muscles, which will make the forehead appear less prominent.
- If you have a prominent forehead and are worried about it, visit a dermatologist to find out if there is anything that can be done to make your forehead appear smaller.
- Lastly, do not try to use things like tape or glue to make your forehead appear smaller. This is dangerous and can cause permanent disfigurement of your face if done incorrectly.
- You should also know that having a prominent forehead does not mean you have a freakish or ugly face. It’s just something that makes you unique!
- Don’t go out of your way to hide it either; it’s part of what makes you beautiful!
- Lastly, remember that being unique is beautiful! Don’t be afraid to be yourself and embrace every part of what makes you who you are!
Forehead Shaping Before and After Pictures
- Forehead shaping is a non-surgical treatment that uses light-based technology to reduce the appearance of a large forehead.
- The device is applied directly to the forehead and delivers a series of low-energy laser pulses that heat up the skin, causing cell death and collagen shrinkage through thermal energy.
- As collagen shrinks, the surface area of your skin reduces, creating a slimmer appearance on your forehead.
- The treatment takes less than 30 minutes and you can resume normal activities immediately following treatment, with little to no discomfort or downtime associated with this procedure.
- The procedure is safe and effective, with a high patient satisfaction rate.
- It is a non-invasive treatment, so there is no need for surgery or anesthesia.
- The treatment is also very affordable, compared to other procedures designed to reshape the forehead area such as forehead lifts or forehead reduction surgery.
- Forehead shaping may be used to reduce the appearance of a large, wide, or protruding forehead in both men and women of all ages.
- As this procedure does not involve any incisions or scarring, it can be easily reversed if you decide that you no longer wish to have a slimmer-looking forehead after all!
- Patients who have undergone this procedure report that they are happy with their results and are glad they did not opt for more invasive procedures such as forehead lifts or forehead reduction surgery which would have required incisions and significant downtime associated with the recovery period following surgery such as swelling and bruising of the face.
Makeup Tips for a Smaller Forehead
- Apply a base color of your choice. This will help make your forehead look smaller and more natural.
- Apply a light color to the center of your forehead, which will make the area around your hairline look smaller.
- Use an eyebrow pencil to darken the area near your forehead (if you have one). If you don’t have one, apply an eyeshadow or powder shadow in this area as well. This will help to define the space between your brows and give it some definition when applied to the skin.
- Line the outside of your brows with a pencil that is darker than what you normally use for lining the outer corner of your eye (this step is optional; if you want a different colored liner, go for it). This will draw attention away from where it naturally would be drawn—the inner corners of your eyes—and help add definition to where they should be (the center of the eye).
- Apply color to your brow bone (or to the skin underneath it), which will help draw attention away from your forehead and to where it should be—your eyes.
- Apply color on the skin underneath your brows to make them look darker and more defined. This will help create the illusion of width, which is something that our brains are naturally attracted to and want to notice.
- Apply a light (or medium) shade of brown or black shade of eye shadow along the inner edge of your lower lashes, which will create depth and definition between the lashes, as well as draw attention away from where it naturally would be drawn—the outer corner of the eye.l and your eye.
- Apply a slightly darker shade of brown or black shade of eye shadow to the top edge of your lashes, which will create depth and definition between the lower lash line and your eye.
Foreheads come in all shapes and sizes, and there is no “perfect” shape. Having a large forehead doesn’t mean that you have to live with it, though. You can do a variety of things to help reduce the appearance of your forehead and make yourself feel more confident. From using makeup to exercising, there are many things that you can do.